Making our Voices Heard - Bagong Bayan, Bagong Kamalayan! Modern Day Volunteers





Yesterday, the 3rd installment of a 3-day motorcade in Cavite has been rolled out. I have never been so involved in Politics my entire life until this year. I am not a fan of politics because I am not impressed, I am not a believer and I don't want to be fooled over again. My old definition of a wasted vote is a vote that I've casted yet counted for another candidate because of cheating.

This year, shortly before the elections, DICK GORDON, came across as a different leader to me. Then the story goes. I had a renewed thinking process. This time, I see a leader that I believe in, whom I can count on even if he doesn't know me personally and this time, it is backed with personal experience of how Olongapo was. Thanks to Dick Gordon, my vote will not be wasted - win or lose, because within me I am already a winner. As Spencer Johnson, M.D. said in his book, Who Moved My Cheese,

"The Quicker You Let Go Of Old Cheese The Sooner You Find New Cheese. When You Change What You Believe, You Change What You Do!"

I am for change and so are the volunteers whom my husband and I met in the Cavite Motorcade yesterday.

Thanks to Dick Gordon, we found the value of volunteerism and thank you guys for making us feel so welcomed in the group even if we're new to this. I know and believe that we stand by the same principles and together we've made are voices heard. Our actions showed that we will not be taken away by traditional campaigns even if we don't have a lot of TV ads. Together, we still have conquered a lot. The more perspiration, the more rewarding the experience has been. We don't need to shout from the top of our voice to show that we are doing this from the heart. I am sure that the people who saw us, knew the modern definition of being a volunteer. From there alone, they should have seen why we campaign for Dick Gordon. A true leader wouldn't need money to mobilize people. If you inspire and motivate people, they will come to you voluntarily and give you their best. My husband and I came because we want to give the Philippines another shot for change. Our fellow volunteers are investing their time and effort because together we can make this change happen. We were amazed with how creative they were during the entire campaign. Not only that, I am most impressed by the WILL to simply make it happen, the WILL to make a STAND, the WILL to do some sacrifices.

You know what? Collectively, this WILL can make a HUGE DIFFERENCE. Dare to be different. Dare to stand for your true freedom. Dare to be a visionary. Dare to live in a better Philippines.


To my fellow volunteers yesterday, hats off to all of you. I have high respect for people like you. My husband and I would love to this over again with you guys.
Bong Antonio
Elgelaine Calva
Lelaine Calva
Leticia Calva
Lheo Dayumat
Gian Karl Fonte
Berns Galang
Janelle Ria Manalo
John Michael Manalo
Jorvy Mendoza
Jeruz Nuguid
Girlie Sapinoso
Raymond Sarinas
Doc Allan and Wife

And special thanks to my husband, Floyd for supporting me all the way. The same goes to my cousins and neighbors who have continued distributing the other campaign materials so that nothing is wasted and every single effort counts (Uchie, Maxene, Rara and friends) as well as to all other volunteers whose names I wasn't able to get and mention in case there are any. Godbless us all!

Mabuhay si Dick Gordon! Mabuhay lahat ng Volunteers!

For the rest of the photos, you may also visit Leyo Dayumat's face book photo album - MgaBoluntaryo: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=610485009&v=photos&ref=ts#!/album.php?aid=420397&id=610485009.

btemplates
blog comments powered by Disqus